What sets an NDY graduate apart?
As a successful NDY graduate, you will be passionate, ambitious and ready to start your career as a consultant engineer. You will be able to communicate effectively as your role will require you to engage and collaborate readily with various stakeholders. You will be able to be relied upon, accountable and responsible.
You will thrive on developing your consultative skills that will complement your technical expertise.
You will have demonstrated your ability to balance work and involvement in other activities that you are passionate about i.e sports, clubs, volunteering.
The NDY Graduate Development Program
Norman Disney & Young’s Graduate Program will equip you as a graduate engineer with the knowledge and skills to build your career.
Commencing your engineering career with NDY means that you will become part of a unique international team of consultant engineers. As a graduate you will have the prospect of working with a team that designs landmark developments, propose to international panels of construction practitioners, and work on-site with a team of engineers, contractors and tradespeople.
NDY recognises you are unique and your development is essential to your success and future growth.
As an NDY graduate, we offer you a comprehensive two-year development program. Focused development activities will give you an opportunity to build the skills and knowledge essential for a successful career as a consultant engineer.
You will experience a program that offers:
- Structured development workshops
- Rotations through various engineering disciplines
- Potential international rotations
- Internal Development Opportunities
- Online Learning Platform
- The opportunity to lead community projects supporting various charities
- The support of exceptional coaches, mentors and leaders.
A graduate role at NDY
You will be a graduate who will thrive in a collaborative team and can readily demonstrate your problem solving and time management skills. You will be working in a role with real responsibilities within your first few months. You’ll get opportunities to work on ground-breaking projects while being exposed to a variety of challenges. As a NDY Graduate, you will gain hands-on practical experience and on-the-job-training while being supported by experienced, talented senior engineers.
To be considered for these sought after opportunities you will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills (demonstrated through part time/casual work)
- Flexible attitude and ability to work with various people across the industry
- Committed to learning and eager to take on new challenges
- Drive to succeed and high energy levels
- Ability to demonstrate the following Values: Excellence, Leadership, Integrity
- Collaboration, Accountability & Ownership, Innovation.
Graduate recruitment process
NDY’s graduate online application process
There are typically five stages to making an application:
- Complete the application form. This includes academic achievement, personal information, career motivation, employment history, extenuating circumstances, language skills, extra-curricular activities and interests.
- Cognitive ability assessments that are designed to test verbal, numerical and logical reasoning skills.
- Video interview where you will have the opportunity to tell us a bit more about yourself.
- Behavioural assessments that help us to understand your work style preferences and areas for development.
- Assessment Centre and interviews: Graduates progressing to this stage will be invited to attend a day long assessment centre. The morning will consist of a series of group activities where members of the NDY team will assess performance.
Applications for 2023 are now open. Follow the link to apply: 2023GraduateCampaign-Round2-NormanDisneyYoung.pushapply.com