Administration Assistant – Level 1, Perth Office
- Perth Office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile engineering projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
Reporting to the Administration Manager, this role is responsible for liaising with our internal and offshore administration staff, regarding day-to-day administrative tasks and general office duties. A high level of verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role as is a positive and pro-active approach to your work.
We are seeking a fast learner with the ability to be shown a task, own the task and run with it from start through to completion; confidently, efficiently, and accurately.
You will be required to work in the Perth office, located on St. Georges Terrace, daily, Monday to Friday and liaise with staff working both in the office and from home as well as those located in other offices and in other countries.
Key tasks will include:
- Assisting the Marketing Coordinator with updating CV’s for our Engineers and updating other marketing material that will be used in the preparation of our proposal documentation. This will require a high-level of formatting, written communication and verbal skills, and the ability to accurately review and edit bodies of associated text to make them both consistent and cohesive
- Managing and prioritising varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines
- Carrying out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc. as required
- Completing operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results
- Making travel arrangements for senior staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations
- Preparing correspondence, presentations, photocopying, filing, printing, scanning and binding documents such as proposals, reports, specifications and drawing
- Answering and addressing ad hoc reception overflow calls (between 3-5pm daily)
- Assisting with Social Club requests as required
- Assisting with Work Health & Safety tasks as required
- Assisting in organising internal and external company events, meetings and meeting room bookings as required
- Greeting visitors, escorting them to the meeting room if required and providing client refreshments / ensuring these facilities are kept fully stocked
- Collection of and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail
- Ensuring NDY’s Quality System is followed in all daily activities and implemented and maintained on all projects
- Liaising with Directors/Managers/Staff
- General office organisation and maintenance including ordering and unpacking of office supplies and ensuring stocks are appropriately maintained, including refilling printer paper stocks, stationary, kitchen food, beverages and other catering supplies
- Responding to internal/external queries
- Ensuring office facilities remain tidy including kitchens, meeting rooms and common areas.
Skills & Experience
Ideally , the suitable candidate must have these key skills:
- Initiative to drive tasks to a conclusion
- Strong communication and interactive skills to enable professional interaction with a range of people including senior executives, other employees and clients
- Well-developed keyboard and computer skills with an intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and email applications
- Exhibits polite and professional communication
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Promotes a cohesive work and team environment. Demonstrates a proactive work ethic and helps team out with other related activities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and perform whilst maintaining quality of output
- Adapts well to new situations. Is calm in challenging situations
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Showing initiative with all tasks undertaken
- Ability to work independently sometimes with minimal supervision on required tasks
Education & Experience Requirements
- Equivalent training and experience in providing administrative services either tertiary or evidenced by previous positions
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Minimum 3 years of administrative assistant experience
- Knowledge of appropriate software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may email and/or apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Administrative Assistant – Perth” as the email subject title.