BIM Consultancy Market Sector Lead – London, UK
- London, UK
- Developing BIM consultancy offering in London
- Understanding the business and client requirements
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The BIM Manager is responsible for developing and broadening NDY’s client base and professional services, including improving market awareness and generating fee growth in the Building Information Modelling (BIM) market sector.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships and establishing opportunities within the sector. The role may include being lead designer on NDY projects, acting as the lead design contact within the nominated discipline/s; be involved in internal NDY R&D technical forums to promote and develop the Building Information Modelling market sector offering within NDY; in conjunction with the
Discipline Manager and Resource Manager, manage and maintain staffing and resources within the nominated discipline/services group, including recommendations for recruiting and managing suitable staff; in conjunction with the Discipline Manager and Resource Manager, maintain and improve profitability for the nominated discipline in consultation with the Office Manager.
This role is for a senior practitioner that applies technical knowledge and skills with no/minimal supervision. Technical expertise is acknowledged and utilised at an office/regional level and the position provides the opportunity to exercise judgement and initiative within wider reporting and accountability frameworks. May have line management responsibilities and may be involved in mentoring less experienced team members.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Completed a REVIT or 3D modelling course
- A basic understanding of Engineering disciplines
- Software exposure to AUTOCAD, REVIT, Navisworks, PDF, Excel
Ideally you will have:
- At least 10 years relevant on the job experience on commencement
- Advanced Autodesk Revit 3D modelling expertise is required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a
- proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Positive, proactive approach to work
- Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritise work and meet required deadlines independently or within a team environment
- Results focused and conscientious attention to detail is critical
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and effect change
- Ability to learn quickly, with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to build professional networks within NDY and externally within industry
- Provide outstanding client service and can build professional networks within NDY and externally within industry
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations, engineering codes and standards as appropriate
- Ability to demonstrate experience in managing BIM processes on projects
- Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team in large scale projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced user of cloud-based collaboration platforms, such as BIM 360
- Understanding in delivering and managing project data to industry standards
- Appreciation for automation and Innovation for systems and design processes
- Understanding current and wiliness to learn emerging Digital Engineering trends and practices
NDY are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of global industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities. NDY are a recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocates for LGBTIQ+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women and people with diverse skills and life experiences.
NDY embrace flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “BIM Manager – London, UK” as the email subject title.