- London, UK
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be acting as a Leader for our Commissioning Management services offering in the London office. This will include taking charge of and growing the existing revenue stream of Compliance Monitoring activity. The role will predominantly focus on overseeing MEP Services designs for Commercial Office projects within London and may also cover other sectors including Hotel & Residential, Retail and Laboratory projects and Mission Critical Projects.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 8 years (ideally 10+) engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, from an accredited institution (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered)
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE or IMechE preferred)
- Previous experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions
- Great interpersonal skills, a team player and a genuine interest in helping others (including development of junior staff)
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives
- A strong understanding of various mechanical systems and their applications
- Well-developed problem solving skills, and a “think outside the box” mentality
- Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design
- A working level understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent UK residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in the UK. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to E.Hewitt@ndy.com.
Please put “Commissioning Manager – London” as the email subject title.