- London, UK
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be part of the Asset Performance or Interiors team in the London office. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
The role of Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of building services from design through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects. May be required to perform the role of Project Leader when required, responsible for the delivery of small and medium sized multi-disciplinary projects. Typically working towards chartered status (i.e. CPEng, RBP, CEng, IEng).
As the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lighting Designs utilising Dialux Software
- Producing Electrical design calculations using Amtech Software
- Take an active role in project meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams
- Compliance with company QA system
- Take an active role in marketing and work winning activities where appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification
- Well developed understanding of relevant British Standards
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in the field of Electrical Building Services.
You will be:
- Client facing
- Excellent at organisation
- A team player
- An excellent communicator.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent UK residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in UK. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to E.Hewitt@ndy.com.
Please put “Electrical Engineer (Asset Performance Team) – London” as the email subject title.