- Brisbane office location
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role in delivering high profile projects
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We are looking for:
- An energetic and outgoing individual to help our team deliver projects across the existing commercial and retail building sector for either building owners or tenants
- An individual who is keen to experience all aspects of a project lifecycle from inception to completion
- An individual who enjoys and is capable of working on multiple small projects at a time
- An individual who is interested in external facing interactions with Clients, Contractors, Architects and Project Managers.
Ideally you will have:
- At least 2 years experience working in the Building Services industry
- Exposure to REVIT or a willingness to learn
- Emerging client facing skills (or a desire and capability to develop these)
- An interest to learn the fundamentals of the wider building services offering which includes mechanical, wet and dry fire and hydraulic services
- University degree in a field of Electrical Engineering, or a diploma in Building Services or demonstrated experience of greater than 3 years at a Commercial Electrician trade level.
You will be working alongside more experienced Electrical Engineers who will guide and train you in the field of Building Services with a focus on Electrical Services.
You will experience all aspects of a project lifecycle from inception (fee proposal) right through to project completion (built form handover) along with the various interactions with internal team members and external parties such as Project Managers, Architects, Buildings, Contractors and Suppliers.
You will develop your technical expertise and knowledge across all facets of electrical engineering in the Building Services environment which will range from simple projects to complex projects.
You will develop your personal and communication skills and eventually develop into a competent and capable Project Leader being the single point of contact on a project.
Over time you will be given the opportunity to move upward in our organisation and take on more responsibilities commensurate with your abilities.
You will be given opportunities to continue your professional development through internal and external formal and informal training.
You will also have opportunities to grow your business development skills by attending external events and representing NDY.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects within the existing built form Commercial and Retail market sectors.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Electrical Engineer / Junior to Mid Level (Building Services) – Brisbane” as the email subject title.