Project Engineer – Fire , Sydney Office
- Sydney Office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
We are a leading, global building services engineering consultancy with a long history designing and delivering a significant number of landmark commercial, healthcare, government, retail, cultural and sporting projects.
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The role of Project Engineer is responsible for:
- Delivery of building services from design through to construction.
- Works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- May be required to perform the role of Project Leader when required, responsible for the delivery of small and medium-sized multi-disciplinary projects.
- Typically working towards chartered status (i.e. CPEng, RBP, CEng, IEng).
- Provide input for job costing, time plans, and fee preparation activities in consultation with Manager and Project Director.
- Co-ordinate and plan commitments, resources, and balance workload across available projects to efficiently and effectively meet project deadlines and cost/fee requirements.
- Monitor workload and advise line manager where additional skills are required, and when over/underutilization is likely to occur.
- Act as Project Leader (or assist the Project Leader) responsible for the firm’s overall involvement on the project and the administration of design interface between disciplines.
- This role must ensure all NDY activities and designs are fully coordinated with all projects implemented in line with NDY’s Project Management methodology. May require the nomination of project engineers and reviewers for projects.
- Ensure NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects, which may require quality assurance reviews for peer projects.
- Identify and engage clients and key stakeholders, ensuring that expectations are known, managed and fulfilled, within program and project constraints.
- Liaise with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to address construction-related documentation issues.
- Participate and represent NDY in internal and external meetings as appropriate to discuss client issues, proposals, new opportunities, and marketing strategies. Discusses and Identifies new business opportunities with manager
- Creates submissions and presentations that have a minimal requirement for correction and address client perspective and market NDY effectively and accurately
- Translates deliverables into a clear schedule of work and were reliant upon others to provide information is clear about the requirement and associated deadline.
- Functions effectively and efficiently by delegating tasks as appropriate to more Junior Engineers and Drafting staff.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- A relevant tertiary qualification, combined with equivalent training, accreditation, and experience.
- Well-developed understanding of relevant Standards and Building Codes for your region.
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- Achieved Chartered Status or working towards a relevant professional registration / qualification
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- An understanding of Autodesk Revit or 3D modelling software is an advantage
- Ability to accept change and ambiguity.
- Ability to exercise well-developed problem-solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgment to work independently to meet objectives.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Politically astute with team members and clients.
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors.
Please put “Project Engineer (Fire) – Sydney” as the email subject title.