- London, UK
- Opportunity to join a leading team
- Flexible work options available
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
Do you want to be part of a specialist team that delivers innovative solutions for iconic and challenging projects?
Do you want to join one of the first dedicated Fire Engineering teams established, where your career development is prioritised through opportunities to grow with the business?
Do you want to work on national and international projects, collaborating with people from different parts of the world?
Are you passionate about fire safety in our built environment and have exceptional technical and consulting skills, or wish to develop these skills?
NDY needs you.
NDY is a leading engineering consultancy with offices across Australia, New Zealand, UK, Europe and Canada. As part of the Tetra Tech High Performance Buildings Group, we collaborate with a network of over 21,000 staff across the world. NDY’s specialist fire safety engineering team works as one of our “Global Specialist Groups” of engineering sciences working together with our other engineering disciplines to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.
As one of the oldest fire engineering teams, first established in 1996, NDY has built a reputation and capability to support the most challenging projects. Our growing network of fire specialists now nears 100 people, and although locally we work as a small team, we have the support of this network for training, professional development and diverse project opportunities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
Working as the Lead Fire Engineer (preferably Chartered) in the London office in charge of the delivery of a range of projects on behalf of NDY’s clients. You are required to have the knowledge and competencies required to perform independent work as well as complete the review and verification of others work within the team.
The Section Manager, Fire Engineering Global Specialist Group (GSG), (Level 4) is responsible for managing their small to medium sized team (approximately 5-8 direct reports) and establishing a strong market presence and client following. Responsible for Business processes and delivery as defined by NDYs business framework and performance objectives. This key leadership role is responsible for managing stakeholders and clients concerned with project delivery and to manage team resources to deliver on projects. You will lead the coordination and integration of the UK Fire Engineering team with our global network of NDY fire engineers and other Tetra Tech businesses.
- Lead and manage a number of people within your team, including performance management and technical mentoring
- Develop new business and grow our market presence and share
- Understanding the business and client requirements to successfully deliver on goals and KPIs
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Masters / post-graduate degree in engineering or science discipline relevant to the role
- Achieved Chartered Status or be eligible for this, with a commensurate relevant professional registration / qualification
- Sound knowledge and understanding of a management role gained through previous experience, training and/or education.
You will have the following additional skills:
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- Ability to learn quickly and exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Able to cope with change and ambiguity
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Ability to build professional networks within NDY and externally within industry
- An understanding of Autodesk Revit or 3D modelling software is an advantage
- Presentation skills
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations, engineering codes and standards.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Fire Engineering Section Manager – London, UK” as the email subject title.