- London, UK office
- Get exposure to various project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this position, you will lead the Interiors team in the London office. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office fit-out projects within London, however from time to time may also cover other sectors including office refurbishment, new-build office and retail and hospitality.
The Interiors Team Leader is responsible for coordinating the standards and implementation of the market sector’s group strategy, and will assist offices with coordinating the most appropriate resource allocation to projects from across the group. Practice and lead within the market sector, with responsibility for improving the overall quality and value of services across NDY.
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines
- Coordination with various NDY offices
- Economic and business challenges facing the industry
- Improving the financial, technical and reputational success for the market sector offering for NDY
- Leading multiple change initiatives at a time where employee engagement and customer satisfaction is low.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and market sector-relevant accreditation required, combined with equivalent training and experience
- A minimum 8 years engineering (or other relevant discipline) experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects Leading and supervising
- Sound knowledge and understanding of a management role gained through previous experience, training and/or education
- Well-developed understanding of relevant British Standards
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
You will ideally have the following additional skills:
- Chartered status/membership with an appropriate industry professional body
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- The ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills with a wide reaching stakeholder group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of providing high level analysis and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and affect change
- The ability to exercise high level judgement in relation to complex issues
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Help create a positive & productive work environment within discipline teams and NDY Market Sectors
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Demonstrate and maintain current knowledge of best practice in sustainable design particularly with respect to the built environment.
NDY are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of global industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities. NDY are a recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocates for LGBTIQ+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women and people with diverse skills and life experiences.
NDY embrace flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Interiors Team Leader – London, UK” as the email subject title.