- Flexible work options
- Global consulting firm
- Team environment
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We are looking for an Electrical Designer / Engineer with minimum of 4-6+ years experience in British Columbia as well as experience in a wide range of market sectors such as Residential, Commercial, Tenant Improvement and Institutional buildings.
This position provides the opportunity to work with a truly innovative and passionate team. NDY has built a distinguished reputation as a services consulting firm. The role requires design experience and capabilities to work alongside the existing Vancouver team. Building sustainable relationships with clients through successful project delivery will be critical for representing the NDY brand.
The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing engineering design and calculations
- Design of power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems
- Preparing drawings, reports and electrical specifications
- Coordinating with our NDY team of consultants, as well as coordinating externally with authorities, architects and other design team consultants
- Communicating with clients and other external design team members
- Attending external site and design meetings
- Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients’ expectations
- Contributing to process improvement as it relates to the operation and performance of systems
- Planning and coordinating projects through the determination of design, cost and timing estimates as per the company’s policies and objectives
- Reporting to senior managers on the status of various projects
- Support proposal pricing and manage project costs with the Project Manager
- Liaise with project leaders to support all aspects of project delivery
- Support cost control and risk mitigation strategies.
Skills & Experience
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant Diploma) in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of local engineering standards, particularly BC Building Code, electrical codes, etc.
- Minimum of 4-6+ years’ experience, specifically in building services consulting
- Proficient in AutoCad and/or Revit drawing platforms
- Proficient in Lighting (AGI or Dialux) calculations
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build solid relationships
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel, and spreadsheet data manipulation
- Understands project management principles
- Predominately detail-focused on a day-to-day basis, but comfortable with thinking big picture
- Personable, collaborative and approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner.
To apply, please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Intermediate Electrical Designer or Engineer – Vancouver” as the email subject title.