- Flexible work options
- Global consulting firm
- Team environment
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We are looking for an Intermediate Plumbing Designer/Engineer with minimum of 4+ years of relevant building systems design in British Columbia such as plumbing system designing and doing field reviews for Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Light Industrial buildings.
This position provides the opportunity to work with a truly innovative and passionate team. NDY has built a distinguished reputation as a services consulting firm and are looking for talented, resourceful individuals to join the team.
- Intermediate Plumbing Designer/Engineer
- Experience working with developers, contractors and regulators of commercial and industrial developments
- Ability to occasionally adapt working hours for international coordination
- Preparing drawings, reports and plumbing specifications
- Coordinating with our NDY team of engineers, as well as coordinating externally with external design team members/stakeholders
- Demonstrating experience evaluating and meeting clients’ expectations
- Conducting process improvement analysis as it relates to the operation and performance of systems
- Supporting business development activities for the Plumbing team in Vancouver
- Potential for other leadership roles in the future
- Excellent career growth opportunities within NDY (also potential to work in other NDY offices overseas).
Ideally you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant qualification
- Engineering in Training (EIT), Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.) or Applied Science Technologist Designation (A.Sc.T.) (desired)
- Strong technical ability.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/REVIT is an asset
- Legally entitled to work in Canada for an indefinite period
- Competency in BCBC, BCPC, VBBL, VPBL
- Competency compiling Engineering drawings (hand/CAD)
- Incorporating multidisciplinary information (e.g., electrical, architectural, structural, geotechnical, energy modelling, sustainability acoustics, client requirements)
- Client communication at site meetings, teleconferences, presentations, open houses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner
- Calm and productive when under pressure from deadlines
- Able to clearly explain engineering design information to clients in layman’s terms
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Commissioning projects and doing occupancy pre-walkthrough and occupancy walkthroughs
- Understanding of 5-digit / 6-digit NMS (specification)
- Personable and comfortable with clients
- Needs to have good planning and organisational skills
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment.
To apply, please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Intermediate Plumbing Designer/Engineer” as the email subject title.