- London, UK
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects.
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full-time permanent position, you will lead and develop our Life Sciences offering in the UK and Europe.
As the Life Sciences Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Detailed design of Life Sciences projects ranging from new build to refurbishment, adaptation and fit-out projects
- Co-ordination of life sciences building services design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or client delivery teams.
- Participate in business related activities (non-Project)
- Participate in developing the Life Sciences sector offering by developing existing client contacts and broadening our client list and sector coverage.
- Collaborate with other TetraTech offices to establish a more comprehensive Life Sciences offering.
- Co-ordinate with contractors and manufacturers both on a technical level.
- Participate in project activities including design, specification and documentation.
- Review and comment on contractor technical submittals.
- Participate in Construction stage activities for projects including compliance and quality monitoring and witness testing.
- Ensure that NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Take part in personal and professional development training as required.
- Participate in the Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual Thrive assessment and development tool.
- Develop project co-ordination skills in line with work opportunities.
To be successful in this role you:
- Will have a Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
- Will be experienced and qualified in the field of Life Sciences design and delivery.
- Have demonstrable experience writing specifications, controls software or commissioning.
- Have site experience of building services solutions appropriate for Life Sciences projects.
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Highly developed verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please put “Life Sciences Team Leader – London, UK” as the email subject title.