Market Sector Director (Electrical – Data Centres) – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Market Sector Director (Electrical – Data Centres) to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe.
Reporting to the Regional Director for Ireland your role will include:
- Seeking to win new business in the Mission Critical sector and assisting in other sectors.
- Adding strength to the Mission Critical team in terms of technical expertise and project/client management
- Lead electrical engineer on projects across Mission Critical and other market sectors.
- Project Leader be responsible for the timely delivery of a quality product to a profit.
- Providing technical leadership within the wider office/company.
- QA of electrical work for Mission Critical and other market sectors within the office.
- Assisting in the development of junior staff.
- Developing business
- Delivering Mission Critical projects
- Managing multiple projects and conflicting obligations
- Increasing Project Leader skills and client and fee management
- Time management and project delivery timeframe
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An Electrical Engineering Degree
- At least 10 years engineering experience
- At least 5 years’ experience at a senior level of working on large mission critical, commercial and other sector projects.
- Co-ordination and integration of designed systems with other designers and team members, including architects and quantity surveyors.
- Technical and non-technical consulting skills.
- Generating business and repeat business via marketing and business development activities.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Client relationship focused
- Experienced designer
- Relates well to all employees and client groups, whatever their organization level.
- Is composed and a settling influence under pressure whilst still managing the requirement to deliver on time, to specification and to cost.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV to Eve Hewitt via email to E.Hewitt@ndy.com. Please put “Market Sector Director – Dublin, Ireland” as the Subject/Title of your email.