- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
In this full time, permanent position, you will be a member of the Digital Building team reporting to the Director and will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Hotel, Retail, Industrial, Laboratories and Data Centres.
You will be responsible for:
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders, understanding client problems and opportunities, and what the desired outcomes should be
- Developing design & engineering requirements of smart building installations ranging from small to very large buildings, varying in complexity
- Collaborating across a dynamic Digital Buildings team innovating the building landscape
- Preparation of defined BMS/Smart/MSI design deliverables for all design stages, typically including Specification, Network Architectures, Points Schedules, Sequence of Operations, etc. Participate in developing the Digital and Smart buildings sector offering
- Conducting System Condition surveys, producing reports and recommendations for clients
- Completion of Feasibility Studies, Energy Management Surveys, Specification reviews & evaluation
- Act as our customers trusted advisor in all aspects of BMS/Smart design & technical solutions
- Production of Concept / Scheme designs, performance specifications and detailed design development
- Engaged in Tender Management and Tender Vetting on behalf of the client
- Production of Cost/Bid analysis
- Project Management on behalf of client to include project progress reporting
- Responsible for Commissioning Management and Snagging on behalf of client
- Conduct system witness testing and reporting. Attendance at BMS FAT’s and SAT’s.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering discipline relevant to the role
- At least five years’ engineering experience in the field of BMS and Smart Buildings
- Demonstrable experience writing specifications, controls software or commissioning
- Site experience of building networks both IP and Serial
- Site experience of building communication protocols such as BACnet and Modbus
- Ability to read and understand panel designs and schematics
- A working interest in IT and other computer systems
- An interest in Internet of Things (IoT) technology and protocols such as MQTT
- An interest in analytics cloud platforms.
You will be:
- Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Able to effectively communicate with clients
- Someone with highly developed verbal communication skills
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrable experience with Master Systems Integration: Lighting Controls, Metering and BMS
- Able to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- Someone with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Someone with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Someone with good BMS systems knowledge (e.g. Trend, Tridium, Niagara) gained through industry work experience working for a BMS/Control systems manufacturer, as a contractor or specialist systems integrator or in a similar consultancy role.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior BMS/Smart Buildings Consultant – Dublin” as the email subject title.