- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
You will be part of our global mechanical team, based in Dublin. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
This role will make a difference to our business and team in the following ways:
The role of Project Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for the delivery of building services from design through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
An interest in working towards the role of Project Leader is desirable. With a view to being responsible for the delivery of small and medium sized multi-disciplinary projects.
Typically working towards chartered status (i.e. CPEng, RBP, CEng, IEng).
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience.
- Well developed understanding of relevant Standards
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Ability to accept change and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
- You will be:
- Able to deliver tasks to agreed timelines
- Able to consistently produce accurate work
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, external parties and Clients
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Able to deal with Contractors
NDY are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of global industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities. NDY are a recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocates for LGBTIQ+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women and people with diverse skills and life experiences.
NDY embrace flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Mechanical Engineer – Dublin” as the email subject title.