- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
You will be part of our global mechanical team, based in Dublin. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
This role will make a difference to our business and team in the following ways:
The role of Project Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for the delivery of building services from design through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
An interest in working towards the role of Project Leader is desirable. With a view to being responsible for the delivery of small and medium sized multi-disciplinary projects.
Typically working towards chartered status (i.e. CPEng, RBP, CEng, IEng).
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience
- Well developed understanding of relevant Standards
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- Ability to accept change and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
You will be:
- Able to deliver tasks to agreed timelines
- Able to consistently produce accurate work
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, external parties and Clients
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Able to deal with Contractors.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Mechanical Engineer – Dublin” as the email subject title.