- London, UK
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Norman Disney & Young (NDY) are a leading firm of consulting engineers with a global presence. We set ourselves apart by our ability to deliver highly innovative and tailored solutions for clients in a wide range of markets including buildings, sustainability, health, transport, mission critical, defence, industrial and utilities. Established in 1959, we have a long history of engineering excellence and our expertise extends to a range of unique specialities.
Our long history demonstrates our resilience as a business. We are strong yet flexible, stable yet dynamic, united yet diverse. We have grown as our clients and the markets in which we operate have grown. We have stable ownership and a unified mission: to deliver excellent solutions through a clear understanding of our clients’ business and community expectations.
We have a strong focus on technical proficiency and accurate documentation. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team to help deliver projects with this focus.
About the Position
In this full-time permanent position, you will lead the Mission Critical team in our London office.
The Mission Critical Team Leader is responsible for managing their medium sized team and establishing a strong market presence and client following.
They will be responsible for Business processes and delivery as defined by NDYs business framework and performance objectives. This key role is responsible for managing stakeholders and clients concerned with project delivery and to manage team resources
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
- Experience and be qualified in the field of Mission Critical design and delivery including Data Centres.
- Demonstrable experience writing specifications, controls software or commissioning.
- Site experience of building services solutions appropriate for Mission Critical projects.
Ideally you will have:
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Highly developed verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
NDY are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of global industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities. NDY are a recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocates for LGBTIQ+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women and people with diverse skills and life experiences.
NDY embrace flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Mission Critical Team Leader – London, UK” as the email subject title.