- Be part of a dynamic team across the globe
- Working with technical experts in Acoustics
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Multiple locations available – Brisbane, Sydney, and Canberra
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits.
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
Norman Disney & Young are a multi-national engineering consulting firm seeking an experienced Acoustic Engineer to join their team in our Australian offices with a preference for Brisbane, Sydney or Canberra as part of ongoing expansion across Australia. The new position will include project design work for recently acquired exciting projects across various sectors. This role is a permanent position.
We are looking for someone with sufficient technical ability and experience in building acoustics to conduct acoustic analysis and run projects autonomously from start to finish – from writing fee proposals through to client liaison, project delivery, and finally compliance testing at construction completion.
Whilst we are looking for someone with building acoustics experience, we are interested in hearing from candidates that have an interest and track record in driving growth of our environmental acoustics offering.
We are looking for an Acoustics Engineer who will deliver various building services projects, responsible for:
- Acoustic design calculations for various applications, including
- Building services noise control
- Spatial acoustics
- Architectural acoustics
- Environmental acoustics
- Onsite measurement and testing of noise levels, sound insulation, reverberation times and vibration
- Computer modelling eg. CadnaA, SoundPLAN, EASE, etc
- Writing engineering reports
- Attendance at client and design team meetings
- Client liaison and business development.
Ideally you will have:
- A tertiary qualified engineer with 3-5 years acoustic consulting experience, preferably with building services noise control and architectural acoustics experience
- Understanding of acoustic principles and onsite testing procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in providing high quality client service
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
- Work autonomously and independently
- Have the ability to use initiative, be energetic and work well within a team environment
- Can-do attitude with an interest in continuous improvement
- Have a passion for acoustics
- Solid MS Office skills (especially Excel and Word) and ideally experience using specialist acoustics modelling software such as SoundPLAN and EASE
- Desire to manage whole projects from start to finish, including financials, time constraints and deliverables
- Hold an Australian driver’s licence.
You will use your experience and technical ability to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of projects, complete engineering analysis as well as liaise with clients, contractors and other project stakeholders. You will apply the latest technologies to our ever-expanding workload of acoustic services. When appropriate, you will verify design work carried out in the business and provide mentoring, coaching and training to less experienced engineers and project co-ordinators.
As a confident communicator who is articulate and confident in developing new and existing relationships, you will be working with like-minded individuals who are flexible in their approach to challenges, motivated and share the ability to think laterally in delivering smart technical solutions to our clients.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
NDY recognises you are unique, and your development is essential to your success and future growth. As an NDY employee, we offer you several development programs to expand your skills. Focused development activities will give you an opportunity to build the skills and knowledge essential for a successful career as a consultant engineer.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Project Engineer (Acoustics) – Sydney” as the email subject title.