- Canberra office location
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Exposure to all areas of the NDY business and part of Tetra Tech, a Global NASDAQ listed company
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a HVAC background to join our Canberra team, who will have a desire to lead and develop teams in the future. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical design and consulting within the building services space
- Multi-Disciplinary experience in leading projects
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and simultaneous workloads
- Proven design experience in medium to large construction projects.
You will use your experience and technical ability to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of multi-discipline projects as a project co-ordinator, complete engineering analysis and design of HVAC systems as well as liaise with clients, contractors and other project stakeholders. You will apply the latest technologies to our ever-expanding workload of building services. You will provide mentoring, coaching and training to less experienced engineers and project co-ordinators.
As a confident communicator who is articulate and confident in developing new and existing relationships, you will be working with like-minded individuals who are flexible in their approach to challenges, motivated and share the ability to think laterally in delivering smart technical solutions to our clients.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Project Engineer – Canberra” as the email subject title.