Project Engineer (Hydraulics), Building Services – Perth
- Perth CBD location with flexible work options available
- Salary $72k + super – $80k + super
- Get exposure to varied hydraulics engineering project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We are looking for a Hydraulics Engineer to join our Perth team, providing a full range of hydraulics solutions for building services. You will report to the Hydraulics Team Leader to ensure progress is maintained for timely project delivery.
This position is permanent, full time, and is responsible for delivering project work from design through to construction.
As a consulting Hydraulics Project Engineer you will be assigned to projects and take ultimate responsibility for design, documentation and construction quality review related to your hydraulics specialisation.
Key challenges will include:
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with at least 2 years post graduate experience, preferably as a hydraulics engineer consultant in building services and with rail infrastructure experience.
- A well developed understanding and experience applying the relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC)
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering hydraulics engineering projects across the full project life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Capacity to provide technical support to less experienced engineers and graduates within the team
- CPEng accreditation or actively working towards becoming a Chartered Professional Engineer
- Strong self motivation and personal drive
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Basic competence with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Have an understanding of relevant hydraulic calculation and design packages, and preferably be able to use Revit modelling software
You will use your experience and technical ability to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of multi-discipline projects as a project co-ordinator, complete engineering analysis and design as well as liaise with clients, contractors and other project stakeholders. You will apply the latest technologies to our ever-expanding workload of building services. You will verify design work carried out in the business and provide mentoring, coaching and training to less experienced engineers and project co-ordinators.
As a confident communicator who is articulate and confident in developing new and existing relationships, you will be working with like-minded individuals who are flexible in their approach to challenges, motivated and share the ability to think laterally in delivering smart technical solutions to our clients.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
NDY have a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage requests for flexible work options to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. We promote a flexible workplace where all are welcomed and recognised for their unique ability, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, orientation or other identity attribute.
To apply please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.