Project Engineer (Electrical – Mission Critical) – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a project engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects. The role will be focused on the Mission Critical sector but should have knowledge of the Commercial sector.
As the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Producing electrical designs from concept to detailed design
- Producing electrical design calculations using Amtech (and other approved) Software
- Take an active role in project meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams
- Construction phase monitoring and site witness testing
- Compliance with company QA system
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 2-3 years engineering experience in the field of Electrical Building Services
- Have worked on major Data Centre projects
- Have a recognized electrical engineering qualification
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Some cross-discipline experience
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise initiative to work independently to meet objectives
- Problem solving skills
You will be:
- Able to deliver tasks to agreed timelines
- Able to consistently produce accurate work
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, external parties and Clients
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Able to deal with Contractors
You will have a design knowledge of:
- HV and LV Generation
- UPS Systems
- HV, LV and ELV distribution systems
- Earthing systems
- Protection systems
- UTI requirements
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV to Eve Hewitt via email to E.Hewitt@ndy.com. Please put “Project Engineer (Electrical – Mission Critical) – Dublin, Ireland” as the Subject/Title of your email.