- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to various project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
About the Position
In this full time, permanent position, you will be a member of the Digital Building team reporting to the Director and will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Hotel, Retail, Industrial, Laboratories and Data Centres. You will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinate smart building and controls design with other building services disciplines and with external parties such as architect or client delivery teams.
- Design Master System Integration solutions: Lighting Controls, Metering and BMS.
- Review and comment on contractor technical submittals.
- Participate in business related activities (non-Project)
- Participate in developing the Digital and Smart buildings sector offering.
- Feed into the other digital disciplines of ICT and physical security.
- Co-ordinate with contractors and manufacturers both on technical and a sales level.
- Participate in project activities including design, specification and documentation.
- Ensure that NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects.
- Take part in personal and professional development training as required.
- Participate in the Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual Thrive assessment and development tool.
- Develop project co-ordination skills in line with work opportunities.
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline relevant to the role.
- At least five years’ engineering experience in the field of building controls or integration.
- Demonstrable experience writing specifications, controls software or commissioning.
- Demonstrable experience with Master Systems Integration: Lighting Controls, Metering and BMS.
- Site experience of building networks both IP and Serial.
- Site experience of building communication protocols such as BACnet and Modbus.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry would be advantageous
- Ability to read and understand panel designs and schematics.
- A working interest in IT and other computer systems.
- An interest in Internet of Things (IoT) technology and protocols such as MQTT
- Be familiar with Audio Visual, Access Control CCTV and ICT design
- An interest in BMS and energy analytics cloud platforms
You will be:
- Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Able to effectively communicate with clients.
- Someone with highly developed verbal communication skills.
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
- Someone with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Someone with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Project Engineer (Senior) – Smart Buildings – Dublin, Ireland” as the email subject title.