- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
This candidate will work predominately in Electronic Security consulting with opportunities to work in communications and ICT services design also. Consulting work will include all project phases from initial feasibility studies to commissioning and handover. Activities include the client consultation, design, specification, contract administration and commissioning of systems on the following:
- Facilitating Client Security meetings and workshops
- Creating new ways to present information (not just following templates)
- User return briefs, design specifications, design level schematics
- Detailed drawing mark-ups for drafting teams including elevation details and isometrics
- Equipment and manufacturer agnostic allowing the design to find the best solution possible to fit the Client’s needs and budget
- Main focus will be around design of Electronic Security systems such as Electronic Access Control System, Intruder Detection Systems, CCTV, Duress Systems, Carpark Management Systems and Security Control Room designs
- In addition may include Security Management Systems and physical security elements such as Perimeter Security, Building Protective Measures, Door Hardware assessments and Vehicle Access systems
- Assisting with other Security divisions in the greater team (eg. Cyber Security, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments, Security Advisory etc)
- Detailed progress inspections as well as witness testing with the Security Contractor and Client
- R&D for continually improving the Security documentation
- Attending Security industry events for both R&D and networking purposes
- Proactive Coordination with the project design team.
Other activities within the role include:
- Attending design meetings with clients, architects, other discipline engineers
- Internal coordination meetings with mechanical, electrical, fire and hydraulics engineers
- Working closely with our drafting team in the documentation of projects
- Assisting to lead multidiscipline projects in various market sectors
- Condition auditing of existing buildings
- Planning a project from start to finish upon confirmation
- Managing project finances and resourcing hours
- Ability to seek out and pursue new business opportunities (minimum aim of 20% Marketing / Business Development)
- Development Plan towards Project Leadership and/or Managerial positions within the Digital team or company.
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- Current Victorian Security Registration
- Good time management with projects and work/life balance
- Strong ability to interpret client expectations and define them technically
- Ability to run projects with minimal supervision
- Good at recording and keeping track of all communication and decisions made
- Good at setting, managing and hitting goals and deadlines
- Good with numbers for cost estimates as well as financial management of projects
- Excellent at multitasking and responding to emails, messages and calls in a timely manner
- Engineering degree is ideal but not critical
- Prior Consulting experience is preferred (minimum 3 years)
- With over 3 years’ experience in the Security industry with strong technical Electronic Security skills
- Highly motivated person looking for opportunities to lead projects as well as working within a team environment
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills as it will largely be a client facing role
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills (very strong in written English)
- Competent in use of Windows based computing applications
- Willingness to travel for projects with possible short-term interstate travel required
- Driver’s license as you may be required to travel to site as part of your role.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
Training and development in these roles will be provided to the right candidate. Interstate travel may be required and overseas assignments are possible in the longer term.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Project Security Consultant – Melbourne” as the email subject title.