Project Consultant, Level 2 (Security), Melbourne Office
- Melbourne work location
- Get exposure to various project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The successful candidate will work predominately in Electronic Security consulting with opportunities to work in communications and ICT services design also. Consulting work will include all project phases from initial feasibility studies to commissioning and handover. Activities include the client consultation, design, specification, contract administration and commissioning of systems on the following:
- Facilitating Client Security meetings and workshops
- Creating new ways to present information (not just following templates)
- User return briefs, design specifications, design level schematics
- Develop security designs including floor plans, schematics, wiring diagram and network diagrams
- Equipment and manufacturer agnostic allowing the design to find the best solution possible to fit the Client’s needs and budget
- Main focus will be around design of Electronic Security systems such as Security Management System, Electronic Access Control System, Intruder Detection Systems and Duress Alarms, CCTV Surveillance Systems, Intercom System Carpark Management Systems and Security Control Room designs.
- In addition may include physical security elements such as Perimeter Security, Building Protective Measures, Door Hardware assessments and Vehicle Access systems.
- Assisting with other Security divisions within the greater team (eg. Cyber Security, Threat and Vulnerability Assessments, Security Advisory etc)
- Detailed progress site inspections as well as witness testing with the Security Contractor and Client
- R&D for continually improving the Security documentation
- Attending Security industry events for both R&D and networking purposes
- Proactive Coordination with the project design team
Being part of NDY Digital will sometimes require the candidate to lead disciplines within the Digital team on certain projects. The candidate will be involved in ICT & Communications services with support from a specialist in this field. At a minimum, activities the candidate may be involved in would consist of the following:
- Integrated Communications Network Design
- Structured Cabling Design (Copper, fibre, racking equipment etc)
- Public Address
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Liaison with telecommunications carriers
Other activities within the overall Consulting role include:
- Attending design meetings with stakeholders, architects, other discipline engineers
- Internal coordination meetings with mechanical, electrical, fire and hydraulics engineers
- Working closely with our drafting team in the documentation of projects
- Assisting to lead multidiscipline projects in various market sectors
- Condition auditing of existing buildings
- Planning a project from start to finish upon confirmation
- Managing project finances and resourcing hours
- Ability to seek out and pursue new business opportunities (minimum aim of 20% Marketing / Business Development)
- Development Plan towards Project Leadership and/or Managerial positions within the Digital team or company
Training and development in these roles will be provided to the right candidate. Interstate travel may be required and overseas assignments are possible in the longer term.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- Current Victorian Security Registration
- Prior Building Services experience is preferred
- Prior Consulting experience is preferred (minimum 3 years)
- With over 3 years’ experience in the Security industry with strong technical Electronic Security skills (Engineering degree is not critical)
- Highly organised with solid time management skills and ability to run projects with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to interpret client expectations and define them technically
- Good at recording and keeping track of all communication and decisions made
- Good at setting, managing and hitting goals and deadlines
- Good with numbers for cost estimates as well as financial management of projects
- Excellent and proactive communications skills
- Strong ability to respond to emails, messages and calls in a timely manner
- Highly motivated person looking for opportunities to lead projects as well as working within a team environment
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills as it will largely be a client facing role (very strong & clear English speaker)
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills (very strong in written English)
- Competent in use of Windows based computing applications
- Willingness to travel for projects with possible short-term interstate travel required
- Driver’s license as you may be required to travel to site as part of your role
To apply, send a resume detailing qualifications and experience to email@example.com.
Please put “Security Consultant” as the email subject title.