Project Engineer – Hydraulics, Sydney Office
- Fantastic North Sydney Location
- Take ownership of projects
- Gain experience working directly with clients
- Level 2
- Opportunity to receive training on Fire Protection Services Engineering and develop into a Fire Services Engineer
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The role of Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Hydraulics Services design from concept through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects. You may be required to perform the role of Project Leader on smaller projects when required and will be responsible for the delivery of small multi-disciplinary projects.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding client requirements
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Managing varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines;
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines.
To be successful in this role you must:
- have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with client’s staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical colleagues across multiple disciplines.
- have the ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgment and to work independently to meet objectives
- possess well developed problem solving skills
- be politically astute with team members and Clients
- help create a positive and productive work environment
- consistently produce accurate work without errors
- be enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a passion to learn.
- have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience.
- Well developed understanding of relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC)
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- Minimum 2 to 5 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Design experience including Hot and cold water reticulation, sanitary, sewer and trade waste, storm-water drainage, hydrants and hose reels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam etc
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, applicable Standards and Codes
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgment to work independently to meet objectives
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors.
You will be expected to:
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation
- Participate in delivering research and development initiatives in your technical discipline
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with the company’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to Elysia Brennan at E.Brennan@ndy.com
Please put “Project Engineer – Hydraulics (Sydney)” as the email subject title.
Closing Date: 01.10.2020