Senior Electrical Engineer, London Office
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to various project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be part of the Mission Critical team in London office and reporting to Ian Francis, Associate Director. The role will be focused on the Mission Critical sector but should have knowledge of the Commercial sector.
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- leading multi-discipline projects with a high proportion of electrical work
- producing electrical designs from concept to detailed design
- producing electrical design calculations using Amtech (and other approved) Software
- taking an active role in project meetings
- liaising with both internal and external design teams
- supervision and development of junior staff
- compliance with company QA system
- taking an active role in marketing and work winning activities
Qualifications & Certifications:
To be successful in this role you will be expected to:
- have 3-4 years of experience and will be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of net zero carbon frameworks, energy audits and NZC implementation methodologies for clients organizations.
- have at least 5-10 years engineering experience in the field of Electrical Building Services
- have worked on major Data Centre projects
- have a recognized electrical engineering qualification
Ideally you must have:
- demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- a cross-discipline experience
- a highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- an excellent interpersonal skills
- the ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- well developed problem solving skills
You must be:
- able to deliver projects with tight timelines to a fixed budget
- able to consistently produce accurate work
- able to communicate effectively with Clients
- results driven
- committed to building a positive team culture
- committed to excellence in engineering
- politically astute with team members and Clients
- able to deal with Contractors
You must have a detail design knowledge of:
- HV and LV Generation
- UPS Systems
- HV, LV and ELV distribution systems
- Earthing systems
- Protection systems
- UTI requirements
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Senior Electrical Engineer” as the email subject title.