- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this position, you will be part of the Interiors team acting as a Senior Project Engineer (Electrical) in the London office. This role is not strictly a full time position, we are open to discussions about part time/flexible arrangements also. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office fit-out projects within London, however from time to time may also cover other sectors including office refurbishment, new-build office and retail and hospitality.
The Senior Project Engineer/Project Leader is accountable for the management and delivery of engineering projects by way of scheduling activity, preparing appropriate plans, ensuring activity is tracking to plans, and managing the budgets and invoices associated with that project.
The candidate must be ready to step into the role of project leader from the outset and have previous experience running a multi-service team on projects.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- Able to manage change and ambiguity
- Ability to lead and manage a small team and to affect change
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
You will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience.
- Well-developed understanding of relevant British Standards
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- A project management methodology accreditation would be advantageous
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior Project Engineer (Electrical) Interiors Team – London, UK” as the email subject title.