Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical), London Office
- London, UK
- Get exposure to various project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full-time permanent position, you will be part of the Mechanical team acting as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the London office. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Mechanical Services designs for Commercial Office projects within London, however from time to time may also cover other sectors including Hotel & Residential, Retail and Laboratory projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to:
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with NDY’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives.
- Act as the lead mechanical engineer on multi-disciplinary project teams, predominantly for London based commercial office projects
- Represent NDY at external project meetings with the client and external design teams as and when required
- Mechanical building services engineering consultancy and design for large scale projects up to RIBA Stage 4A, and through the Construction Phase
- Co-ordinate mechanical services designs with other building services disciplines and with external parties including architects and structural engineers
- Work across multiple projects and successfully deal with conflicting obligations
- Ensure that NDY’s Quality System is implemented and maintained on projects
- Participate in developing the Mechanical team technical capability
- Take part in personal and professional development training as required
- Assist in developing technical capability of more junior Mechanical Engineers
- A minimum of 8 years (ideally 10+) engineering experience in the field of mechanical building services design
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, from an accredited institution (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered)
- IT literate, with good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE or IMechE preferred)
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions
- Great interpersonal skills, a team player and a genuine interest in helping others (including development of junior staff)
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives
- A strong understanding of various mechanical systems and their applications
- Well-developed problem solving skills, and a “think outside the box” mentality
- Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design
- A working level understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical) – London, UK” as the email subject title.