- Canberra office location
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We are looking for an AV/ICT Engineer to join our Canberra team, who will be responsible for the delivery of digital building services from design through to construction. This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
May be required to perform the role of Project Leader when required, and also responsible for the delivery of small and medium-sized multi-disciplinary projects. Typically working towards chartered status (i.e. CPEng, RBP, CEng, IEng).
- Act as Project Leader (or assist the Project Leader) responsible for the firm’s overall involvement on the project and the administration of design interface between disciplines
- Attending and facilitate design meetings with clients, architects, other discipline engineers
- Build an effective relationship with existing and new customers enabling NDY to be seen as leaders in digital building services
- Competent at designing and documenting systems through concept, design development and detailed documentation phase
- Identify project scope gap and pursue growth opportunities with existing and new customers
- Provide input for job costing, time plans and fee preparation activities in consultation with Manager, Office Manager and Project Director
- Review shop drawings, technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors and the quality of construction against the specified requirements
- Well-developed understanding of relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC)
- Well-developed understanding of building Audio-Visual, Communications and ICT engineering services.
- An energetic and outgoing individual to help our team deliver projects across the existing commercial and retail building sector for either building owners or tenants
- An individual who is keen to experience all aspects of a project lifecycle from inception to completion
- An individual who enjoys and is capable of working on multiple small and large projects at a time
- An individual who is interested in external facing interactions with Clients, Contractors, Architects and Project Managers
- An individual who has a relevant tertiary qualifications combined with equivalent training, accreditations and experience
- An individual who has a strong passion for new technology developments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian/ New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency status or working visa.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Senior AV / ICT Engineer – Canberra” as the email subject title.