Senior Commissioning Manager – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commissioning Manager to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe.
The Senior Commissioning Manager is responsible for providing technical input to all Engineering Commissioning Services and sub-contracted staff providing Commissioning Management services, including re-commissioning & retro-commissioning works. May be responsible for leading a small team of Commissioning Managers or be expected to mentor more junior team members.
- Particular focus will be on the promotion and marketing of commissioning management opportunities within Ireland and Europe. It is expected that strategies around the development of this market will be inherent in the role, and will require development in consultation with the ECS Management & Directors.
- It is expected that the role will involve the development of key marketing materials and strategies for commissioning management, initially in the Dublin area. Expectations are that the successful candidate will also be required to exchange skills and knowledge across the ECS teams in other countries.
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training and experience.
- A relevant trade qualification and experience would also be considered for an outstanding candidate.
- At least five years’ engineering experience in the field of building controls or integration.
- 10+ years experience within a construction and/or building services related field is expected.
- Experience of working in a construction environment on-site and a well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods
- Proven experience as the CxA on numerous LEED accredited projects, and/or
- Proven experience as a Commissioning Manager on BREEAM projects.
- Proven experience in the analysis of key initiatives for retro-commissioning and re-commissioning projects.
- Experience in the commissioning management and maintenance of building services systems.
- Able to conduct comprehensive energy audits, including:
- BMS data collection
- Data analysis
- Deployment of data & power loggers
- Assessment of the environmental impact of energy efficiency measures
- Financial analysis of energy efficiency measures
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Understand the requirements and intent of the CIBSE Commissioning Codes, BSRIA Application Guides, ASHRAE Guidelines, and other relevant commissioning local codes and guidelines.
- Functioning effectively and efficiently on multiple projects and delegating tasks as appropriate, with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and manage change.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff and key stakeholders at all levels including a proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with staff, clients and contractors across multiple disciplines.
- Politically astute with team members, clients and contractors.
- Ambition to grow ECS within the geographic region.
- Experience in mechanical and/or electrical design would be advantageous.
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Some cross-discipline experience
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise initiative to work independently to meet objectives
- Problem solving skills
You will be:
- Able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Able to effectively communicate with clients.
- Someone with highly developed verbal communication skills.
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives.
- Someone with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Someone with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV to Eve Hewitt via email to E.Hewitt@ndy.com. Please put “Senior Commissioning Manager – Dublin, Ireland” as the Subject/Title of your email.