- London, UK
- Get exposure to various project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will be part of the Digital Buildings team in the London office and reporting to the Section Manager. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Mission Critical, Health and Education sectors.
As the Senior Digital Consultant (ICT) you will be responsible for:
- Delivering projects to the required quality, time and profit level.
- Design and documentation of ICT systems such as ICN, voice, data, radio and cellular to audio-visual systems including public address, video conferencing, IPTV.
- Complete design work for – telecommunication facilities, commercial, retail, hospital, pharmaceutical or industrial developments, refurbishment or tenancy fit-outs.
- Liaising with WiredScore and have a proven track record of designing to level up to Platinum.
- Participate in the Performance Management Process and maintenance of individual Thrive assessment and development tool.
- Develop project co-ordination skills in line with work opportunities.
- Feed into the other digital disciplines such as: BMS, AV and Security.
- Liaise with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to address construction related issues.
- Ensure the Office Quality System is implemented and maintained.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline relevant to the role
- At least 4 years of experience at a senior level of working on large commercial and other sector projects
- Co-ordination and integration of designed systems with other designers and team members, including architects and quantity surveyors
- Technical and non-technical consulting skills
- A Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- A Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Highly developed verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
Ideally you will have:
- A working interest in IT and other computer systems
- An interest in Internet of Things (IoT) technology and protocols such as MQTT and Web Services
- Familiarity with Audio Visual, Access Control and CCTV design
- An interest in BMS, AV, Security and Smart Buildings and willing to develop those skills further within the Digital Building team.
You will be:
- Supporting our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation
- Playing an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with NDY’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives
- An innovative designer and be able to exercise good judgment about which creative suggestions and ideas will work
- Composed and a settling influence under pressure whilst still managing the requirement to deliver on time, to specification and to cost
- Able to deliver projects with tight timelines to a fixed budget
- Able to consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Results driven
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Dealing with contractors.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior Digital Consultant (ICT) – London, UK” as the email subject title.