- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
You will be part of our global electrical team, based in Dublin. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction.
This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects. May be involved in mentoring less experienced team members, act as a Project Leader responsible for project performance over time and/or manage a team.
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Project co-ordination
- Lighting Designs utilising Dialux software
- Producing Electrical design calculations using Amtech software
- Taking an active role in project meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams
- Supervision of junior and external teams delivering electrical design packages
- Compliance with company QA system
- Taking an active role in marketing and work winning activities where appropriate.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 7 – 10 years’ experience in the field of Electrical Building Services
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification
- Well developed understanding of relevant Standards
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct).
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Some cross-discipline experience
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise initiative to work independently to meet objectives
- Problem solving skills.
You will be:
- Able to deliver tasks to agreed timelines
- Able to consistently produce accurate work
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, external parties and Clients
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Able to deal with Contractors.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV to Eve Hewitt via email to E.Hewitt@ndy.com.
Please put “Senior Electrical Engineer – Dublin, Ireland” as the Subject/Title of your email.