- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
You will be part of our global electrical team, based in Dublin. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction.
This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects. May be involved in mentoring less experienced team members, act as a Project Leader responsible for project performance over time and/or manage a team.
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Project co-ordination.
- Lighting Designs utilising Dialux software.
- Producing Electrical design calculations using Amtech software.
- Taking an active role in project meetings.
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams.
- Supervision of junior and external teams delivering electrical design packages.
- Compliance with company QA system.
- Taking an active role in marketing and work winning activities where appropriate.
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 7 – 10 years’ experience in the field of Electrical Building Services.
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification
- Well developed understanding of relevant Standards
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Some cross-discipline experience
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise initiative to work independently to meet objectives
- Problem solving skills
You will be:
- Able to deliver tasks to agreed timelines
- Able to consistently produce accurate work
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, external parties and Clients
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Committed to excellence in engineering
- Able to deal with Contractors
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV to Eve Hewitt via email to E.Hewitt@ndy.com. Please put “Senior Electrical Engineer – Dublin, Ireland” as the Subject/Title of your email.