Senior Fire Engineer – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Norman Disney & Young
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fire Engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
You will be part of the our global fire engineering team, based in Dublin. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
The Senior Fire Engineer responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction. This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects.
It is anticipated that the Senior Fire Engineer will contribute to marketing efforts and can leverage existing relationships with Clients to win new work.
As the Senior Fire Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Producing detailed fire strategies and all necessary supporting calculations / assessments to fulfil the design obligations of each project.
- Undertaking fire engineering design activities, which may include assisting with CFD / Evacuation modelling of complex building geometries.
- Undertaking design reviews for buildings or design elements against specific fire safety requirements.
- Leading the fire safety design elements of a project and effectively liaise with internal and external project teams, clients, approvals authorities and other stake holders to deliver projects.
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Masters degree in engineering or science discipline relevant to the role.
- Achieved Chartered Status or working towards a relevant professional registration / qualification
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients.
- The ability to learn quickly and exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- The ability to cope with change and ambiguity
- The ability to consistently produce accurate work without errors
- The ability to build professional networks within NDY and externally within industry
- An understanding of Autodesk Revit or 3D modelling software is an advantage
- Fantastic presentation skills
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations, engineering codes and standards
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior Fire Engineer – Dublin, Ireland” as the email subject title.