- Dublin, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fire Engineer to get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
You will be part of the our global fire engineering team, based in Dublin. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
The Senior Fire Engineer responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction. This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects.
It is anticipated that the Senior Fire Engineer will contribute to marketing efforts and can leverage existing relationships with Clients to win new work.
As the Senior Fire Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Producing detailed fire strategies and all necessary supporting calculations / assessments to fulfil the design obligations of each project
- Undertaking fire engineering design activities, which may include assisting with CFD / Evacuation modelling of complex building geometries
- Undertaking design reviews for buildings or design elements against specific fire safety requirements
- Leading the fire safety design elements of a project and effectively liaise with internal and external project teams, clients, approvals authorities and other stake holders to deliver projects.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Masters degree in engineering or science discipline relevant to the role
- Achieved Chartered Status or working towards a relevant professional registration / qualification
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- The ability to learn quickly and exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- The ability to cope with change and ambiguity
- The ability to consistently produce accurate work without errors
- The ability to build professional networks within NDY and externally within industry
- An understanding of Autodesk Revit or 3D modelling software is an advantage
- Fantastic presentation skills
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations, engineering codes and standards.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please put “Senior Fire Engineer – Dublin, Ireland” as the email subject title.