- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer delivering Commercial Office fit-out projects within London
- London location with flexible work options available
- Working within a tightly knit and supportive team culture
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
In this full time, permanent position, you will be part of the Interiors team acting as a Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical) in the London office. The role will predominantly focus on delivering Commercial Office fit-out projects within London, however from time to time may also cover other sectors including office refurbishment, new-build office and retail and hospitality.
The Senior Project Engineer is accountable for the management and delivery of engineering projects by way of scheduling activity, preparing appropriate plans, ensuring activity is tracking to plans, and managing the budgets and invoices associated with that project.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to:
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- Able to manage change and ambiguity
- Ability to lead and manage a small team and to affect change
- Ability to exercise well developed problem solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors.
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines
- Coordination with various NDY offices.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience
- Well-developed understanding of relevant British Standards
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- A project management methodology accreditation would be advantageous.
Ideally you will have:
- Chartered status/membership with an appropriate industry professional body
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- The ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills with a wide reaching stakeholder group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of providing high level analysis and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and affect change
- The ability to exercise high level judgement in relation to complex issues
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Politically astute with team members and Clients
- Help create a positive & productive work environment within discipline teams and NDY Market Sectors
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Demonstrate and maintain current knowledge of best practice in sustainable design, particularly with respect to the built environment.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent UK residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in the UK. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to Eve Hewitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Senior Mechanical Engineer (Interiors) – London” as the email subject title.