Senior Project Engineer (Electrical), London Office
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time permanent position, you will be part of the Electrical team in the London office. The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial (including Shell & Core and Office fit-outs), Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments and Data Centres.
Senior Project Engineer responsible for the delivery of engineering services from design through to construction. Project Leader responsible for the delivery of medium and large sized single and multi-disciplinary projects.
This role primarily works independently applying deep technical knowledge and skills on large/complex projects. May be involved in mentoring less experienced team members, act as a Project Leader responsible for project performance over time and/or manage a small team (typically 1-2 direct reports).
As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Project Co-ordination
- Lighting Designs utilising Dialux Software
- Producing Electrical design calculations using Amtech Software
- Taking an active role in project meetings
- Liaising with both internal and external design teams
- Supervision of Junior staff
- Compliance with company QA system
- Taking an active role in marketing and work winning activities where appropriate
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification
- Well developed understanding of relevant British Standards
- Well developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
Skills and experience:
- Have at least 7 – 10 years’ experience in the field of Electrical Building Services.
- Previous experience working within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions
- Great interpersonal skills, a team player and a genuine interest in helping others
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work autonomously to meet objectives
- A strong understanding of various electrical systems and their applications
- Well-developed problem solving skills, and a “think outside the box” mentality
- Familiarity with the full range of RIBA design stages, from Stage 1 right through to Stage 4A tender design
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Senior Project Engineer (Electrical) – London, UK” as the email subject title.