Senior Project Engineer (Electrical), Melbourne Office
- Melbourne CBD based location, with flexible work options available
- Competitive salary package negotiable based on experience
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
NDY would like to share this opportunity within its Tetra Tech sister company, Engineering Commission Services (ECS), based in the ECS Melbourne office.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our Melbourne team, delivering Electrical Services design for a broad range of market sectors such as commercial office, residential, correctional facilities and mission critical. The position is permanent, full time and reporting to the Electrical Section Manager, Craig Ward.
As Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for acting as Project Leader and/or Project Engineer for each assigned project, including ultimate responsibility for design, documentation and construction quality reviews.
Key challenges will include:
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines.
The suitable candidate will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Bachelor of Electrical Engineering)
- Electrical RBP Qualification
- CPEng accredited or actively working towards becoming a Chartered Professional engineer will be highly regarded
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Electrical Consulting, with a preference for at least 7+ years
- Electrical Services design and construction experience in the majority of the following market sectors: commercial office, residential, retail, tenancy fitouts, industrial, mission critical facilities, correctional facilities and health
- Experience in any of the following will be highly regarded: mission critical sector, health sector and/or Generator PLC design.
- Proficient in using PowerCAD and lighting modelling software (Either AGI or Dialux)
- Well developed understanding and experience applying the relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Be competent with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Providing technical support to less experienced engineers and graduates within the team.
- Strong self-motivation and personal drive
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
To apply for this position, kindly submit your full resume and a cover letter to Craig Ward and Anthony Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also contact Craig on 03 9862 6800 if you would like further information.
Please put “Senior Project Engineer (Electrical)” as the email subject title.