- London, UK
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The challenges we face today in our society are ever changing, for which the consequences are far reaching and complex. The World Economic Forum highlights the interconnected nature of global risks today, the majority of which have environmental and social implications for our Clients, their stakeholders and their people.
Our Global Sustainability Group (GSG) is a strategic collective in NDY that works directly with organisations, affiliate groups and individuals to help them understand and respond to these challenges; and manage their risk.
We are a specialist advisory group that acts exclusively or as part of an integrated NDY service and this elevates our offering above others. We operate at all levels within organisations, from advising on macro environmental and social issues to executives, through to masterplanning towns and cities and delivering world class engineering sustainable design solutions.
We provide substance to our advisory work.
This role has the following key components which are outlined below:
- The Senior Sustainability Consultant(Level 2 or 3 depending on experience) is responsible for supporting and working with the London Sustainability Manager to help establish NDY’s sustainability presence in the UK and Ireland region market. The employee is responsible for the delivery of sustainability engineering/consulting services within the NDY GSG’s three key operating streams (Strategic Advisory, Buildings and Places). This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- The Consultant will be an integral member of the Global Sustainability Group and as such may work across all NDY offices, engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- The Consultant will be able to operate as Project Leader on Sustainability led projects, including taking responsibility for resource and financial management of the commission.
- The Consultant will be required to participate and support the local Sustainability Manager in marketing/business development activities, such as: organizing and attending events, assisting in proposal writing and meeting clients and industry influencers.
- BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit out Assessor, with experience delivering on major refurbishment schemes.
- BREEAM New Construction Assessor, with a track record of delivering to BREEAM Outstanding highly desirable.
- Holding a BREEAM AP qualification is highly desirable.
- Holding one or both of a LEED or WELL AP is desirable.
- The Consultant will already have 4+ years of experience of delivering Sustainability consultancy.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in the delivery and management of sustainability benchmarking schemes, in particular BREEAM RFO 2014 and BREEAM NC 2018.
- Educated in Engineering or the Built Environment and having at least 4 years of relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Experience dealing with sustainability reports for planning and a good knowledge of London and UK-wide planning policy relevant to sustainability
- Knowledge of Whole Life Cycle Assessments and embodied carbon calculations.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience working on strategic advisory assignments and helping clients deliver their ESG reporting targets.
- Experience in carrying out Energy and Thermal modelling (including Building Regulations Part L compliance, heating/cooling loads, overheating modelling) would be desirable, in order to support the rest of the team.
- BREEAM AP highly desirable
- LEED and/or WELL AP advantageous
- Project management skills.
You will be:
- Enthusiastic about sustainability within the built environment and curious about developing trends and solutions within the sector
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions
- Able to work independently
- A team player and have a genuine interest in helping others
- Committed to building a positive team culture
- Composed and a settling influence under pressure whilst still managing the requirement to deliver on time, to specification and to cost.
- Able to consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Results driven.
NDY are committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. We enjoy a collaborative workplace, so that with our team of global industry experts by your side, you’ll make a real difference to our clients and our communities. NDY are a recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocates for LGBTIQ+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women and people with diverse skills and life experiences.
NDY embrace flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
For a confidential discussion about this position call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please put “Senior Sustainability Consultant – London, UK” as the email subject title.
You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.