- Melbourne office location
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects with deep sustainability aspirations
- Successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We are looking for:
- A passionate Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our Global Sustainability Team in Melbourne, providing a full range of sustainability advisory services and solutions for building services. You will report to the sustainability Melbourne manager to ensure progress is maintained for timely project delivery
- You will take a leading role on projects nationally, be responsible for business development locally, and help more junior members of the Global Group to grow.
Ideally you must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a consultant in sustainable buildings and/or infrastructure
- Green Star, NABERS, LEED, WELL, Climate Active, LBC, IS, and/or NatHERS accreditations (desirable)
- Understanding of decarbonisation and circular economy strategies
- Strong project leadership, commercial management and business development skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An existing client network (highly desirable)
- We will also consider a mid-level consultant with less experience if the fit is right and development potential there.
You will use your experience and technical sustainability skills to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of multi-discipline projects whilst liaising with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders. You will apply the latest technologies to our ever-expanding workload of sustainability services.
As a confident communicator who is articulate and confident in developing new and existing relationships, you will be working with like-minded individuals who are flexible in their approach to challenges, motivated and share the ability to think laterally in delivering smart technical solutions to our clients.
Amongst other duties and responsibilities, this role will involve the following:
- Advising clients on leading-edge sustainability aspirations, including the newest generation rating tools (Green Star Buildings, WELL v2, LEED v4,1, IS v2.0), electrification, upfront carbon, and carbon neutrality
- Leading projects – managing for profitability, quality and timeliness
- Proposal writing, networking and business development
- Providing timely and accurate advice to clients, throughout the planning, design, construction and operation of their assets.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Senior Sustainability Consultant – Melbourne” as the email subject title.