- Melbourne CBD location with flexible work options
- Key role delivering high profile projects
- Client facing role communicating technical concepts in a non-technical way
- Growth opportunity in a multi-disciplinary digital team
- Involvement in full project lifecycles from early strategy to soft landings.
About the Company
Norman Disney & Young, A Tetra Tech Company (NDY), is a leading firm of consulting engineers with a global presence. We set ourselves apart by our ability to deliver highly innovative and tailored solutions for clients in a wide range of markets including civic, education, health, industrial, mission critical, offices, residential & hotels, retail & transport. Established in 1959, we have a long history of engineering excellence and our expertise extends to a range of unique specialties.
In 2018, NDY greatly expanded its engineering and design resources by joining Tetra Tech, Inc., a global alliance offering consulting, engineering, and technical services. With a purpose of ‘Leading with Science’, and more than 16,000 associates in 400 offices around the globe, Tetra Tech enhances NDY’s delivery of smart and sustainable solutions to clients through a much larger global network of experts.
NDY values Excellence, Leadership, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability & Ownership and Innovation in our employees and we seek to provide you with more than a job. We encourage professional and personal development and provide support through our progressive learning and development programs.
We have a strong focus on technical proficiency and accurate documentation. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team to help deliver projects with this focus.
Work life balance is essential for high performance and we run active social programs and encourage flexible work arrangements. We provide a market leading 25 days annual leave and also offer a number of health and wellbeing initiatives.
About the Position
NDY are looking for a Controls & Smart Buildings Consultant to join our team coming from either a consultancy or a contractor background to work in a fast-growing and exciting space within the construction industry. We are looking for someone with a passion for everything digital and a strong base in control systems (notably BMS), integration and the use of data to solve problems in the built environment. This position will involve a mixture of engineering and consulting responsibilities, including:
- Controls & smart buildings consulting on high profile projects alongside our MEP teams
- Strategic smart buildings, technology, and digital strategy consulting
- Technology research and being familiar with cutting edge technology in the built environment
- Design detailing and construction monitoring involvement
- Multi-disciplinary digital project leadership
NDY anticipate the candidate will come with a strong controls and integration background and be willing to grow into other elements of the role through learning from others in our global smart buildings team and the wider NDY Digital group. We are a dynamic and global group with a strong Melbourne contingent bringing a range of perspectives and experiences.
This position is permanent, full time, and is responsible for delivering and eventually winning project work from design through to construction.
Our Smart Buildings team provides full spectrum digital consulting advice covering strategy across all digital disciplines and using data to solve client problems.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with 5+ years post graduate experience, preferably in BMS, integration or smart buildings projects, or 10 years industry experience in systems integration.
- An underlying understanding of network engineering basics to support digital deployments
- A passion for technology and creative problem solving through technology deployments
- An understanding of the importance of data and being able to effectively leverage data
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering projects across the full project life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- A relevant understanding and experience applying the relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC)
- Capacity to provide technical support to less digitally experienced engineers and graduates within the wider NDY team
- Strong self motivation and personal drive
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong presentation skills
- Basic competence with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Basic experience with software development and a language such as python would be well regarded but not required.
You will use your experience and technical ability to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of projects as well as liaise with clients, contractors and other project stakeholders. You will apply the latest technologies to our ever-expanding workload.
As a confident communicator who is articulate and confident in developing new and existing relationships, you will be working with like-minded individuals who are flexible in their approach to challenges, motivated and share the ability to think laterally in delivering smart technical solutions to our clients.
NDY have a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture and encourage requests for flexible work options to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. We promote a flexible workplace where all are welcomed and recognised for their unique ability, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, orientation or other identity attribute.
You may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Controls & Smart Buildings Consultant” as the email subject title.