- Melbourne CBD location with flexible work options available
- Salary $86,000 – $91,000 plus super
- Get exposure to varied structural engineering project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects.
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
We are looking for a Structural Engineer to join our growing Melbourne Structural & Civil team. You will report to the Structural team manager to ensure progress is maintained for timely project delivery.
This position is permanent full time, and is responsible for winning and delivering a wide range of project work from design through to construction.
As a consulting Structural Project Engineer, you will be responsible for acting as a Project Leader and/or Design Engineer for each assigned project, including ultimate responsibility for design, documentation, and construction quality review.
Key challenges will include:
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Coordination with internal and external consultants and disciplines
- Applying technical knowledge in providing succinct consulting services to clients.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with 3-6 years post graduate experience as a structural engineering consultant in the buildings/ property sector
- A well-developed understanding and experience applying the relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC) and strong familiarity with structural standards
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering structural engineering projects across the full project life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Well-developed knowledge of financial management of jobs specific to the buildings/property sector, including strong understanding of the relationship between revenue, cost, profit, resource planning
- Ability to act as single point of contact for clients and external team members, demonstrating a broad knowledge of other disciplines
- Capacity to provide technical support to less experienced engineers and graduates within the team
- RAPT / SpaceGASS / ETABS / RAM Concept experienced (highly regarded)
- CPEng accreditation or actively working towards becoming a Chartered Professional Engineer
- RBP/PE accredited or actively working towards becoming a Professional engineer will be highly regarded
- Strong self motivation and personal drive
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Basic competence with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint).
You will use your experience and technical ability to manage resources, financial performance, and delivery of multi-discipline projects as a project co-ordinator, complete engineering analysis and design as well as liaise with clients, contractors and other project stakeholders. You will verify design work carried out in the business and provide mentoring, coaching and training to less experienced engineers and project co-ordinators.
To apply please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Structural Project Engineer, Buildings – Melbourne” as the email subject title.