Sustainability Consultant (Computational Fluid Dynamics Specialist)
- Brisbane work location.
- The Engineer will be an integral member of the Global Sustainability Group and as such may work across all NDY offices, engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Get exposure to various project deliverables.
- Key role delivering high profile projects.
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The Sustainability Consultant (CFD Specialist) will be responsible for supporting and working with the Brisbane Sustainability Manager to help establish NDY’s sustainability presence in the local Brisbane market. The employee will be responsible for the delivery of sustainability engineering/consulting services within the NDY GSG’s 4 operating streams (Strategic Advisory, Masterplanning, Design & Construction and Operations). This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
The Engineer/Consultant will be required to participate and support the local Sustainability Manager in marketing/business development activities, such as: organizing and attending events, assisting in proposal writing and meeting Clients.
As a Sustainability Consultant (CFD Specialist) , you will be responsible:
- for supervising and undertaking the following assessments:
- CFD modelling
- Natural ventilation and mixed mode optimisation
- Energy and thermal comfort modelling to Green Star, NABERS and LEED protocols
- Predictive energy and maximum temperature modelling
- BCA Section J JV3 modelling
- Daylight and sun glare to Green Star and LEED protocols
- to work as a Senior Engineer on projects from initial concept through to completion.
- to be extremely competent at setting up and obtaining results from CFD models. Knowledge of CFD principles to identify errors and potential issues. Ability to mentor and educate junior staff on methodologies and approaches for common built environment CFD applications (pollution dispersion, wind microclimate, internal thermal comfort, car park ventilation, data centre performance)
- to coordinate and mentor off-shore personnel, as required, to improve the cost efficiency of modelling to the business (e.g. model geometry creation).
- to coordinate and plan commitments, resources and balance workload across available projects to efficiently and effectively meet project deadlines and cost/fee requirements. Monitor workload and advise line manager where additional skills are required, and when over/under utilisation is likely to occur.
- to develop scope of service and fee structure for new job opportunities relating to CFD modelling and/or energy modelling.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Architectural passive design and efficient building services;
- Energy Auditing and NABERS
- BCA Section J compliance (DtS and JV3)
- Energy, thermal comfort, maximum temperature, daylight, and sun glare modelling
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant qualifications in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines
- Solid understanding of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with CFD (ANSYS CFX or Fluent) and energy modelling (IES)
- Familiarity with building HVAC systems
- Complex geometry creation in Rhino is preferred
To apply please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to Brooke Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February 2021.
Please put “Sustainability Consultant (CFD Specialist)” as the email subject title.