Sustainability Consultant, London Office, UK
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The challenges we face today in our society are ever changing, for which the consequences are far reaching and complex. The World Economic Forum highlights the interconnected nature of global risks today, the majority of which have environmental and social implications for our Clients, their stakeholders and their people.
Our Global Sustainability Group (GSG) is a strategic collective in NDY that works directly with organisations, affiliate groups and individuals to help them understand and respond to these challenges; and manage their risk. We are a specialist advisory group that acts exclusively or as part of an integrated NDY service and this elevates our offering above others. We operate at all levels within organisations, from advising on macro environmental and social issues to executives, through to masterplanning towns and cities and delivering world class engineering sustainable design solutions. We provide substance to our advisory work.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 1-2 years of relevant practical experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of building physics and parametric analysis / optimisation studies.
- Interest in Whole Life Cycle Assessments and embodied carbon calculations.
- Experience working on strategic advisory assignments and helping clients deliver their ESG reporting targets.
- Working on other benchmarking assessments (e.g. LEED and NABERS UK) would be advantageous.
- Basic experience dealing with sustainability reports for planning and knowledge of London and UK-wide planning policy relevant to sustainability
You will be:
- Educated in Environmental Sustainability, Engineering or the Built Environment
- Able to carry out Energy and Thermal modelling using IES VE (including Building Regulations Part L compliance, heating/cooling loads, overheating modelling)
- Familiar with BREEAM assessments and either hold a BREEAM Assessor/ BREEAM AP qualification or keen to gain qualification
- Familiar with WELL building standard
- An excellent communicator
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Sustainability Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting and working with the London Sustainability Manager to help establish NDY’s sustainability presence in the UK and EMEA region market. The employee is responsible for the delivery of sustainability engineering/consulting services within the NDY GSG’s three key operating streams (Strategic Advisory, Buildings and Places). This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
- The Engineer will be an integral member of the Global Sustainability Group and as such may work across all NDY offices, engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer will be required to participate and support the local Sustainability Manager in marketing/business development activities, such as: organizing and attending events, assisting in proposal writing and meeting Clients.
For a discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Sustainability Consultant – UK ” as the email subject title.