Sustainability Consultant, London Office
- London, UK office
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
The Sustainability Consultant will be an integral member of the Global Sustainability Group and as such may work across all NDY offices, engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
The Sustainability Consultant (Level 2 or 3 depending on experience) is responsible for supporting and working with the London Sustainability Manager to help establish NDY’s sustainability presence in the UK and EMEA region market. The employee is responsible for the delivery of sustainability engineering/consulting services within the NDY GSG’s three key operating streams (Strategic Advisory, Buildings and Places). This role works with moderate autonomy, applying technical knowledge and skills as an individual contributor to teams and projects.
Qualifications & Certifications
To be successful in this role you will be expected to:
- have 3-4 years of experience and will be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of net zero carbon frameworks, energy audits and NZC implementation methodologies for clients organisations.
- have some traction with ESG reporting and strategic advisory too.
- education in Engineering or the Built Environment and having at least 3-4 years of relevant practical experience in a similar role
- have knowledge of the various NZC pathways, carbon neutrality and net zero carbon declaration processes
- have experience working with WRI GHG Protocol, PAS 2060, PAS 2080 standards
- have experience working with design-teams and other stakeholders in discussing, encouraging, and promoting sustainable and low-carbon design in industrial, residential and other sectors.
- have experience carrying out materiality workshops
- have experience in corporate carbon accounting and in-depth knowledge of the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064, Scope 3 carbon reporting, SECR, SDGs and Social Value
- have experience in audit/verifications of corporate carbon footprints
- have experience dealing with sustainability reports for planning and a good knowledge of London and UK-wide planning policy relevant to sustainability
- have experience in carrying out Energy and Thermal modelling (including Building Regulations Part L compliance, HVAC modelling, CIBSE TM 54, heating/cooling loads, overheating modelling) would be desirable, in order to support the rest of the team.
- Experience working on strategic advisory assignments and helping clients deliver their ESG reporting targets.
- working on other benchmarking assessments (e.g. BREEAM In-use, LEED, WELL, or other) would be advantageous
- Project management skills.
For a discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Senior Sustainability Consultant – UK ” as the email subject title.