- Sydney office location
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects with deep sustainability aspirations
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
This role is responsible for enhancing and leading NDY’s Global Sustainability Group (GSG) advisory/ESG presence in the market. In this role, the lead consultant will be responsible for managing and supporting stakeholders and clients to develop and improve ESG programme management and associated data collation and reporting processes.
This role requires a technical specialist who is eager to apply technical ESG knowledge and skills. Technical expertise is acknowledged and utilised at both a regional and global level, and this position provides the opportunity to exercise judgement and initiative within wider reporting and accountability frameworks. This role will have line management responsibilities and be required to inspire and mentor less experienced team members.
This role is responsible for providing leadership and collaborative project delivery as a senior member the GSG. This role will form part of the sustainability leadership team and may contribute to strategy, research & development.
The role will typically be a mix between client engagement and business development, project delivery and technical review, contribution to GSG function and strategy, and delivering on NDY’s own internal ESG commitments.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting Clients to provide accurate and reliable information regarding their ESG risks, opportunities and performance
- Achieving profitable growth in a competitive local market and supporting overall GSG financial performance
- Act as Project Leader on assigned projects, responsible for the firm’s overall involvement on the project and the administration of design interface between disciplines. This may require the nomination of project sustainability engineers/consultants and reviewers for projects where appropriate. Ensure all NDY activities and designs are implemented in line with NDY’s Project Management methodology
- Using your existing and NDY client networks to generate and convert new sustainability opportunities. Grow NDY’s market share in ESG space
- Co-ordinate and manage projects. Plan commitments, resources and balance workload across available projects to efficiently and effectively meet project deadlines and cost/fee requirements
- Secure new work for NDY by actively marketing NDY’s services including but not limited to relationship building, networking, active project leadership and industry speaking opportunities
- Co-ordinate and manage NDY internal ESG frameworks, policies and activities.
Ideally, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience. Minimum bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Property, Business or relevant equivalent
- Well-developed understanding of the following: Global, National and State Environmental and Sustainability Policy, legislation and industry influencing market trends, GSG Group service streams and offerings and ESG related issues
- Minimum 7 years in a management consulting or equivalent role delivering ESG focused client services
- Demonstrated success in delivering sustainability policy, advice, and/or strategies
- Demonstrated diversity of thinking in applying expertise to sustainability or climate change issues
- Deep knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice as well as a good understanding of the issues within the Sustainability industry, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, the Taskforce for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Global ESG Benchmark for Real Assets (GRESB) and Science Based Targets (SBTi)
- Experience in assessing GHG inventories
- Experience with net zero carbon and circular economy principles and strategies.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview. This process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Sustainability Manager – Advisory” as the email subject title.