- Leadership position delivering refurbishment, upgrade and optimisation projects across some of Melbourne’s most iconic Buildings
- Melbourne CBD location with flexible work options available including part time
- Working within a tightly knit and supportive team culture
- Package between $90,000 – $110,000 inclusive of superannuation
- The successful candidate will be entitled to NDY Employee Benefits
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
The Team Leader, is responsible for managing their small sized team (approximately 5-6 direct reports) and establishing a strong market presence and client following. Responsible for Business processes and delivery as defined by NDYs business framework and performance objectives. This key role is responsible for managing stakeholders and clients concerned with project delivery and to manage team resources to deliver on projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to:
- Provide training to less experienced team members and build a strong technical foundation in the group
- Support our brand in the market by providing superior client service and promoting our interests and reputation
- Play an active role in ensuring a harmonious, safe and productive work environment for yourself and others in the workplace by maintaining a high standard of performance and conduct in accordance with NDY’s Values, Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and reasonable business directives
- Comply with all applicable health and safety legislation as amended from time to time, and not do anything which would put the health and safety of yourself or others at risk. This includes reporting any conduct you witness which may pose a risk to the health and safety of yourself or others.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 10 years engineering experience in the field of Electrical building services design
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training, accreditation and experience
- Well-developed understanding of relevant Standards and Building Codes in your region. Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct) − Minimum 5 years engineering experience across the full project lifecycle and responsibility for delivering projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information of a complex nature both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders across multiple disciplines including colleagues and clients
- Ability to lead and mange a team and to affect change
- Ability to exercise well developed problem-solving skills and use substantial initiative and judgement to work independently to meet objectives
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Politically astute with team members and clients
- Consistently produce accurate work without errors
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
Training and Development
NDY have a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application
- Find out more about working for NDY at www.ndy.com/careers
To apply please submit a confidential copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put “Team Leader – Melbourne” as the email subject title.