Technical Manager – Mechanical, Ireland
- Get exposure to varied project deliverables
- Key role delivering high profile projects
Our people are key to our success. They are experts on understanding the specific requirements of diverse industries and project types. This depth of talent and experience across our international footprint allows NDY to undertake the most challenging projects, and to deliver successful commercial, environmental and technical outcomes.
We foster collaborative and long-term relationships with clients, and recognise that the foundation of these relationships is trust. We earn this client trust by being reliable, responsive and commercially astute with our advice.
Our successful approach is based on listening to our clients and understanding their business. We look to embrace client requirements by understanding how our advice and designs will provide best value to their projects.
Whilst our technical, documentation and consulting abilities are first class, we embrace our role as an innovator, and not a follower, of trends. We fund research and development activities in all key NDY services and support our people on the journey of continual professional development.
Our people embody the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct and look to implement best practice solutions in sustainable design, for the long-term resilience of projects.
Talented individuals look to join the NDY group because they want to be a part of a highly regarded brand, and because they want to work with the best clients on meaningful projects across international locations.
The prospect of working alongside industry thought leaders, our technical excellence, and our industry-leading approach to corporate social responsibility, makes NDY a beacon for top tier talent.
About the Position
In this full time, permanent position, you will get involved in the early stages of building our team in Ireland and help further strengthen our technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
The role will predominantly be focused on overseeing the delivery of multiple sectors including Data Centres, Commercial Office, Hotel & Residential, Retail and Laboratory projects.
With flexible working arrangements, great opportunities for personal growth and development and a collaborative and inclusive work environment, join us and help us in making spaces work.
As the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and reviewing of mechanical system designs for a range of projects
- Acting as a sounding board for mechanical engineers in the office, offering design direction and guidance
- Peer review of designs and specifications of mechanical systems
- Playing an active role in developing the mechanical team technical capability
- Leading projects and representing NDY externally in project and technical meetings
- Preparing and delivering presentations to clients and contacts on new and emerging technologies and their application
- Ensuring that NDY’s quality system is implemented and maintained on all projects
- Supporting with business development and identifying opportunities for new work, including assistance with project bid and interview phases
Qualifications & Certifications:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, from an accredited institution (equivalent qualifications in a similar field may also be considered)
- Good knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications
- Chartered Engineer status and relevant accreditations
- To demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to exercise substantial initiative and high level judgement and to work independently to meet objectives
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline relevant to the role. (Preferred)
You will be expected to:
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels across multiple disciplines, as well as familiarity with external client interactions
- Be a team player and a genuine interest in helping others (including development of junior staff)
- Possess a very strong technical skills required (minimum 10 years mechanical building services design experience; ideally 15+ years)
- Have the ability to make informed decisions
- Be knowledgeable of mechanical design principles, standards and codes, and design guides (including BCO)
- Display a strong understanding of various mechanical systems and their applications.
- Well-developed problem solving skills, and a “think outside the box” mentality
- Demonstrate familiarity with the full range of design stages, from concept right through to detailed design and construction administration.
- Own a general understanding of other engineering disciplines including electrical, public health and fire protection is highly desirable
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may call Eve Hewitt on 020 7553 9494 , or alternatively, apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Technical Manager – Mechanical” as the email subject title.