Australian Marine Complex CUF Wharf ExpansionHenderson, Australia
NDY was appointed as services engineers and project managers for the expansion of the Australian Marine Complex to allow for naval ship refits.
The works required implementation of completed power, water and fire systems in stages. This fast-track project required innovative approaches in design and contracting to ensure our commitments were met. Innovations included the provision of temporary housing of a power conversion plant in a seatainer.
NDY also provided design and documentation of all services associated with the new wharf expansion program. We provided electrical services, HV & LV distribution, power conversion, lighting, mechanical services, plant buildings, water and sewerage systems, fire systems, communications and security systems.
Projects undertaken by NDY as part of this $90 million upgrade include:
- Project management and design of the power, fire and water distribution systems for the expansion
- Master planning for multi-phase upgrades
- 60Hz power conversion plant units
- 22kV substations and distribution
- Salt water cooling and fire protection pumping systems
- Sewer drainage systems
- Potable water distribution.