The $56 million Rooty Hill Station Upgrade and new Multi-Storey Car Park project was part of station accessibility upgrades within the Transport Access Program that aim to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure.
NDY was engaged by builder Arenco for the D&C upgrade of the existing station. The scope of works included the following elements:
- Four new lift structures to provide access from North Parade to Beames Avenue over a new overbridge with covered roof canopy and throw screens
- Platform modifications including resurfacing, platform canopies and services
- A six-level multi-storey carpark with one new lift, electric vehicle charging facilities and a photovoltaic panel (solar) roof
- Modification to the existing transport interchanges including adjacent roadways, installation of a new pedestrian crossing and the creation of a compliant accessible pathway from the station to the new multi-storey car park located on Station Street
- Upgraded low voltage station supply including backup supply to signaling infrastructure.
Our team assisted Arenco with a number of client changes through the design period including impacts of flood levels, an additional two levels of car parking in the multi-storey structure, provisions for electrical vehicle charging and obtaining an ISCA rating.
The station remained fully operational during the staged construction period, with the design implemented to minimise operational impacts to Sydney Trains.
For more information: https://arenco.com.au/projects/rooty-hill-station-and-car-park