- Flexible work options
- Global consulting firm
- Team environment
- Global Consulting Firm
- Team Environment
Norman Disney & Young (a Tetra Tech Company) is a leading ﬁrm of consulting engineers with a global presence. Norman Disney & Young (NDY) works collaboratively with clients and design professionals on iconic projects in diverse and challenging ﬁelds. A career at NDY offers many opportunities. Our people are the key to our success and that’s why we present you with challenging career opportunities on a range of exciting projects. We recognise, value and support talent, so you’ll be inspired to create ideas, share solutions and deliver meaningful outcomes that will make a real difference to our clients and our communities.
NDY is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture representative of the communities we serve. NDY is a recognised employer of choice for gender equality and advocates for LGBTQIA+ inclusion and reconciliation. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates, and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NDY embraces flexible working and welcome a discussion about your individual needs.
We are looking for an Electrical Designer / Engineer with minimum of 4-6+ years’ experience in British Columbia as well as experience in a wide range of market sectors such as Residential, Commercial, Tenant Improvement and Institutional buildings.
This position provides the opportunity to work with a truly innovative and passionate team. NDY has built a distinguished reputation as a services consulting firm. The role requires design experience and capabilities to work alongside the existing Vancouver team. Building sustainable relationships with clients through successful project delivery will be critical for representing the NDY brand.
- Preparing engineering design and calculations
- Design of power distribution, lighting and fire alarm systems
- Preparing drawings, reports and electrical specifications
- Coordinating with our NDY team of consultants, as well as coordinating externally with authorities, architects and other design team consultants
- Communicating with clients and other external design team members
- Attending external site and design meetings
- Providing regular reviews on projects to evaluate clients’ expectations
- Contributing to process improvement as it relates to the operation and performance of systems
- Planning and coordinating projects through the determination of design, cost and timing estimates as per the company’s policies and objectives
- Reporting to senior managers on the status of various projects
- Support proposal pricing and manage project costs with the Project Manager
- Liaise with project leaders to support all aspects of project delivery
- Support cost control and risk mitigation strategies.
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant Diploma) in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of local engineering standards, particularly BC Building Code, electrical codes, etc.
- Minimum of 4-6+ years’ experience, specifically in building services consulting
- Proficient in AutoCad and/or Revit drawing platforms
- Proficient in lighting (AGI or Dialux) calculations
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build solid relationships
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel, and spreadsheet data manipulation
- Understands project management principles
- Predominately detail-focused on a day-to-day basis, but comfortable with thinking big picture
- Personable, collaborative and approaches tasks in a positive and professional manner.
Training and Development
NDY has a strong focus on the development of our staff and training will be a key element of this development whether on internal or external training courses. We will develop a career plan for each staff member that will focus on core elements of your role to provide you with a clear progression in your career path.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects from Healthcare facilities through to commercial office developments and retail developments, both as new build and refurbishments.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date
- Find out more about working for NDY at ndy.com/careers
For a confidential discussion about this position, you may apply by submitting your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please put “Senior Mechanical Engineer – Vancouver” as the email subject title.