123 Albert Street is a 27 storey commercial office tower owned by Dexus. Located in the heart of the Brisbane CBD, with access via Albert, Charlotte and Elizabeth Streets, it is interconnected with the Cross River Rail’s new Albert Street Station and surrounded by a precinct of numerous retail, hospitality and wellness offerings.
Having delivered base building engineering services for the original construction of 123 Albert Street completed in 2011, NDY is providing engineering services upgrades as part of this new major building refurbishment. With extensive open plan floorplates, the building’s office spaces are designed to suit every tenant’s needs and provide an optimal workplace experience.
Designing on-floor tenancies required multiple design options for each floor, dependent on the incoming tenant’s conditions. With the shifting conditions and needs of prospective tenants making flexibility and future-proofed solutions a critical design consideration, our team delivered the following:
- Refurbishment of existing end-of-trip facilities including potential creation of a yoga/wellness space
- Repositioning of the ground floor lobby and retail experience
- Repositioning/spatial planning of the on-floor areas vacated by tenancies on levels P1, P2, 4, 8 and 10 through 27 including lobby and amenities
- Conversion of level 10 tenancy space into display suite
- Smart building upgrades
- NABERS and Green Star reviews of proposed works to ensure they do not negatively affect the existing building’s rating.
The smart building upgrades included the onboarding of existing building services systems (security, BMS, Wi-Fi, digital signage, etc.) onto an Integrated Communication Network (ICN). This creates an integrated technology stack based on open standards for systems interoperability, data sharing, cloud enablement and enables systems to be IoT-ready based on a plug and play communications infrastructure. This digital transformation helps to reduce equipment breakdowns, minimising disruption to customer services. As a smart building platform, the ICN also allows consolidation of external connections and improves digital security for building operations.
This refurbishment repositions the building to support future leasing success. With the inclusion of cutting edge smart building technology, the tower remains a leading property in Brisbane’s Premium grade office market.